I read a good, incisive article this morning: 8 things pastors need to know about e-ministry.
I’m involved in fulltime ministry for Christ and the rest of us need to know these things too! Here’s his main points:
1. Your target audience for church growth is Internet-savvy.
2. Your Web site will be your “first impression” for many people.
3. If you’re not on the Web, you don’t exist to many people.
4. Seekers will visit your Web site before attending your services.
5. A whole generation exists that will seek “religion” online.
6. The Web site is too critical to be run by a volunteer.
7. You can’t afford a cheap site.
8. People are viewing your current Web site right now.
Having spent over 10 years in e-ministry, I agree wholeheartedly. Want to read more? Try some of the articles on our technology website that my friend Rob has put together. Even better, read our e-ministry blog regularly. Rob is passionate about this! I’m supposed to post there also, but I don’t blog like Rob! 🙂