In a couple of hours, I’m off to Spain. I’m going to Sitges, about an hour south of Barcelona on the Mediterranean. Yes, I know. Most of you are stuck in winter, but someone needs to go, so it’s me! Here’s the Hotel Sebastian Playa where I’ll be staying.
I’m meeting with 19 leaders in internet ministry from across Europe. These leaders have found the internet to be very effective in reaching out to seekers in the skeptical, post-modern world of Europe. People want authentic relationships based on transparent communication. Shame is a huge factor in lives today. Young people desperately desire acceptance.
Some of the topics we’ll discuss include:
- creative ideas for student-oriented websites and how to publicize them
- making the most of Facebook to discover spiritually interested students
- how to follow up students who come to faith on the Internet
- understanding eLearning and using it for online follow-up of new believers
- recruiting and training eVolunteers to handle email responses
- ministering to eVolunteers and moving them toward greater involvement
- making the most of an Agape Innovation website / forum to share ideas
- linking evangelistic websites to local universities where you have a Student Ministry
- best practice for getting contacts from website visitors
- how to manage contacts (those making a decision for Christ / having a question) coming from a website
Wow! With an agenda like that, there won’t be much beach time!
Here are some more websites that you might use to learn more about the ministry in Europe.
Knowing God evangelistic websites
Student evangelistic websites
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.