“We’re having Springbok pie with Chutney for dinner,” said our hostess Marie Dell. Springbok is a South African antelope. It tasted like venison (meat from deer) which I enjoy. But I’d never had it in a pie. A “pie” means a crust, something like a chicken pot pie. Chutney is a spicy relish made from vegetables or fruit. Good dinner!!!
I asked where the Springbok had come from. Marie’s husband Stefan had taken his discipleship group hunting. They had licenses for 5 springbok. We were eating from one of them.
Sounds like my kind of discipleship group! Maybe a transfer to South Africa will be in our future!
Nicholas and Pravani wanted to learn about TOM and other tools to build movements on their campuses. TOM is our nickname for a Facebook application called Together on Mission. TOM helps build movements through several momentum-building activities like
- encouraging praying for one another
- encouraging students to identify their “sphere of influence” whom they hope to influence for Christ
- sharing stories contributed by students of evangelistic opportunities
- helping students find a Bible study group and join it
- reporting statistics of God’s activities on the campus
We recently released TOM version 1. Nicholas and Pravani quickly grasped how TOM could help them with their students. They saw how TOM could be used to launch ministries on campuses where they are not able to go.
More photos are available on our photo site.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.