I recently switched from a Palm OS Treo 650 to a Windows Mobile 6 device. I’m using a t-Mobile Wing. I’m enjoying grafiti again which is good since I have trouble typing on the Wing’s slide-out keyboard.
Things I like about Windows Mobile 6:
• Outlook Mobile. I live in Outlook. I can live comfortably in Outlook Mobile.
• Today screen.
• Opera mobile browser. Faster than IE mobile and much better than the Palm browser.
• Multi-tasking. I can sync while on a phone call.
Things I don’t like:
• Having to use menus for so many functions. Palm’s user interface is cleaner. Key functions are exposed through buttons on screen rather than nested in menus.
• Having no “silence” button. As one who moves in and out of meetings, an easy way to go silent is great.
• Memory management. Why can’t we have more than 64 mb of main memory? I have a 2 gb micro-SD card, but many programs must be installed in main memory. Email storage is in main memory (attachments can be directed to the storage card).
Program’s I’ve added:
• Google maps
• Delta flights tool
• Opera browser
• Infosafe (password store)
• Pocket e-Sword (free but no NIV, must be loaded into main memory)
• Pocket Bible (not free but has NIV, I’m using KJV for trial period)
I tried Microsoft Onenote. I love it on my PC, but the mobile version hides everything in menus. I found it clumsy to use. I use Word Mobile to take notes. 🙁 The good news is that with grafiti, I can keep up with a speaker while taking notes. I could never thumb fast enough on my Treo.
What Windows Mobile 6 programs do you like?
i see you are very engaged with the deer hunting….let me guess, you are going to blame your stand location!
Sheldon Kotyk says
i’m very engaged. playing keeps me in my stand.