I recently switched from a Palm OS Treo 650 to a Windows Mobile 6 device. I’m using a t-Mobile Wing. I’m enjoying grafiti again which is good since I have trouble typing on the Wing’s slide-out keyboard.
Things I like about Windows Mobile 6:
• Outlook Mobile. I live in Outlook. I can live comfortably in Outlook Mobile.
• Today screen.
• Opera mobile browser. Faster than IE mobile and much better than the Palm browser.
• Multi-tasking. I can sync while on a phone call.
Things I don’t like:
• Having to use menus for so many functions. Palm’s user interface is cleaner. Key functions are exposed through buttons on screen rather than nested in menus.
• Having no “silence” button. As one who moves in and out of meetings, an easy way to go silent is great.
• Memory management. Why can’t we have more than 64 mb of main memory? I have a 2 gb micro-SD card, but many programs must be installed in main memory. Email storage is in main memory (attachments can be directed to the storage card).
Program’s I’ve added:
• Google maps
• Delta flights tool
• Opera browser
• Infosafe (password store)
• Pocket e-Sword (free but no NIV, must be loaded into main memory)
• Pocket Bible (not free but has NIV, I’m using KJV for trial period)
I tried Microsoft Onenote. I love it on my PC, but the mobile version hides everything in menus. I found it clumsy to use. I use Word Mobile to take notes. 🙁 The good news is that with grafiti, I can keep up with a speaker while taking notes. I could never thumb fast enough on my Treo.
What Windows Mobile 6 programs do you like?